Re: st: random allocation three-way cross-over design

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
Subject   Re: st: random allocation three-way cross-over design
Date   Sat, 1 May 2010 10:42:25 -0500

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Hadewijch Vandenheede
<> wrote:
> I wish to generate a randomization scheme for a 3-way cross-over study with
> three treatments.
> I'm trying to establish such scheme with 'ralloc' but it doesn't seem to
> work out, because it can only handle 2-way cross-over designs.
> Is there another way of doing this?

I know very little about experiment design (although I took a couple
of classes back in grad school 10 years ago), but I imagine that if
you can get the complete design matrix, you can permute its rows and
randomly assign your experimental units to these rows.

Stas Kolenikov, also found at