Re: st: Stata 11 - Factor variables in a regression command

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata 11 - Factor variables in a regression command
Date   Sat, 01 May 2010 10:58:45 -0500

At 12:27 AM 5/1/2010, Ricardo Basurto-Dávila wrote:
I am having trouble understanding the difference between a regression that
uses a cross operator (#) and one that uses a cross factorial operator (##).
For example, this is the output I get from running two different

FYI, here is how the manual explains it. If you have Stata 11 you should have the manual in PDF form; see section 11.4.3 of the User Guide. indicators for each combination of levels of group and sex, a two-way interaction

group#sex same as

group##sex same as group#sex

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227