st: RE: Import Excel with xmluse

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Import Excel with xmluse
Date   Sat, 1 May 2010 00:24:02 +0200

Consider an investment into Stat/Transfer, I would say. If you do this type
of conversion frequently, it may well be worth it, as the program can take
you direcly from Access databases to Stata datasets.

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Leslie
Sent: Samstag, 1. Mai 2010 00:17
Subject: st: Import Excel with xmluse

Dear Stata users,

I am trying to import an Excel file that I have exported from Access.
I tried exporting the file from Access as an .xml & .xsd file and
using the xmluse command to import it directly into Stata.  But I keep
getting an "unrecognizable XML doctype" error.  Does anyone have any

Thank you

xmluse g:\DataDump\qryLeslieDataDumpMUOnly.xml, doctype(excel) firstrow all

xmluse g:\DataDump\qryLeslieDataDumpMUOnly.xsd, doctype(excel) firstrow all

unrecognizable XML doctype