st: RES: RE: Connecting Data Points with Lines

From   José Maria Pacheco de Souza <jmpsouza@usp.br>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RES: RE: Connecting Data Points with Lines
Date   Fri, 30 Apr 2010 17:19:44 -0300

<>
Try also -linkplot- writen by Nick Cox.
-findit linkplot- to find and then install.
José maria

José Maria Pacheco de Souza ; Professor Titular, aposentado; Colaborador
Sênior
Departamento de Epidemiologia/Faculdade de Saúde Pública/Universidade de São
Paulo
Av. Dr. Arnaldo, 715 - São Paulo, Capital - cep 01246-904
Fone FSP= (11)3061-7747 Res= (11)3714-2403
www.fsp.usp.br/~jmpsouza

-----Mensagem original-----
De: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] Em nome de Nick Cox

See if

sort id age

before the graph command solves the problem. Note that if your estimated
trajectories are not monotone increasing for every individual, then the
request is contradictory.

See also -xtline-.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Jielu Lin

I'm modeling age-graded trajectories. Each individual case in my data
has 4 repeated observations. Then I tried to graph estimated
individual trajectories. Each individual should have a separate
trajectory which is not connected to another individual trajectory. In
the actual graph, within a person, the 4 estimated data points were
correctly connected. However, some trajectories were connected even
though these observations did not belong to the same person. This
happened to some cases, but not all of them. I've been for patterns of
these odd connections but so far it seems random.

I used the following codes:

xtmixed y age ||id: age, mle cov(un)
predict y_fitted, fitted
twoway line y_fitted age, connect(ascending)