Re: st: pweight question

From   Steven Archambault <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: pweight question
Date   Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:01:14 -0600

"The scale of the weights (what they sum to) doesn't tell you whether
or not they are pweights. Scaling the variables to sum to the size of
the sample is something you do when you expect to use a package (or
command) that, like SPSS until recently, only accepts fweights."

Okay, now that I read this, the scaling down to the sample size does
make sense. The data was originally in an SPSS format. So,
essentially, scaling up would give the weights in terms of the
population of the country.  Correct?

Thanks,
Steve