st: cfa1: How to obtain standardized coefficients?

From   Bryan Chung <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: cfa1: How to obtain standardized coefficients?
Date   Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:16:01 -0300

I'm currently performing a confirmatory factor analysis on a questionnaire in which each item in the questionnaire is supposed to correspond to a single factor. I am also trying to figure out whether further item reduction can be performed (the original factor analysis that reduced the generated items to the existing questionnaire has never been replicated or verified and the questionnaire is quite lengthy!).

I understand that there is a somewhat arbitrary cutoff of 0.3 for a standardized coefficient in a CFA to drop an item, but am at somewhat of a loss as to how to generate these standardized coefficients with the cfa1 command.

Assistance is much appreciated.

Bryan