st: RE: create matrix from pwcorr command

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: create matrix from pwcorr command
Date   Thu, 29 Apr 2010 18:35:54 +0100

I don't know why you thought that would work. It's a very long way from
the syntax for -matrix-.

Stata makes it difficult for you to do this, and with good reason. As
different correlations may be based on different sample sizes, the
correlations are not strictly comparable, and the resulting matrix is
typically unsuitable for multivariate analysis. It may not even be
positive semi-definite.

But that aside, -matpwcorr- from SSC evidently does this for you.

Tyler Frazier

I would like to create a matrix from the pwcorr command -- I tried

matrix m = pwcorr Var1 Var2 Var3 Var4 etc.... but that doesn't seem to
work. likewise for standard dev and mean