Re: st: piece-wise logistic regression

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: piece-wise logistic regression
Date   Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:13:50 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Thu, 29/4/10, Steve Samuels wrote:
> The location of the threshold is an important parameter in the
> literature of this model.  I recall using non-linear regression
> in NCSS  to find a CI for the location.

Yes that is definately possible within a linear regression
context, the -nl- routine is however very senstitive to
good starting values:

Problem is, that the original question was about the
applicability of splines in logistic regression, and
this strategy won't work there:

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie