st: Double Loop - Invalid Syntax

From   Alexandre_Vialou@URSCorp.com
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Double Loop - Invalid Syntax
Date   Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:51:47 -0500

Stata Listers,

Even though it is a simple macro, I cannot find where the invalid syntax comes from.
Instead of creating new variables, I want to create new files.
Any help will be greatly appreciated

foreach `j' of num 1/100{
clear
foreach `i' of num 1/`j'{
use "/aaa/aaa/nvessel.dta"
keep if nvessel ==`j'
gen round = `i'
save "/aaa/aaa/nvessel`i'.dta", replace
}
foreach `i' of num (`j'-1)/1{
append using "/aaa/aaa/nvessel`i'.dta"
}
save "/aaa/aaa/vessel_list`j'.dta", replace
}

Alexandre Vialou

This e-mail and any attachments contain URS Corporation confidential information that may be proprietary or privileged. If you receive this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, distribute, disclose or use any of this information and you should destroy the e-mail and any attachments or copies.