Re: st: Ytitle Construction

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: Ytitle Construction
Date   Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:44:22 +0000

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:37 PM,  <> wrote:
> I would appreciate finding out if I can do the following:
> ytitle("Arsenic Concentration, ug/m3")
> where u is actually the Greek letter mu and 3 is superscripted. The comma also appears to be a problem.
> I've looked through volume G, and also Mitchell's "Visual Guide," and either this information is not there or (more likely) I've missed it.

Its come up on Statalist before, the archives are linked at the bottom
of every post to Statalist (and also back to November 2008 at ,
but a quick use of Google leads to...

Greek Symbols ->
Discussion of superscripting ->

"... no scientific worker has a fixed level of significance at which
from year to year, and in all circumstances, he rejects hypotheses; he
rather gives his mind to each particular case in the light of his
evidence and his ideas." - Sir Ronald A. Fisher (1956)

Email -
Website -
Photos -