st: RE: comas in numbrers

Subject   st: RE: comas in numbrers
Date   Tue, 27 Apr 2010 21:12:41 -0400

Victor, you can skip all the problems of adding quotes or destringing
by deleting the commas outside of Stata. Use the SED package, built
into all the Unix, Linux, and OS X distributions and also available
for Windows.  Write the data into a text file, say file1.txt.  Here is
an example:

**************************CODE BEGINS**************************
/*
 File file1.txt contains the following two lines with three variables
3,000,000 4,000,000    .
     40,000   300,000 100
*/
capture erase file2.txt