st: Programming in Mata course - London

From   Ashley Dyer <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Programming in Mata course - London
Date   Tue, 27 Apr 2010 09:09:23 +0100

Dear Stata users,

Timberlake Consultants Ltd.  The distributor of Stata in the UK will be providing a 1 day introduction to Programming with Mata course at the CASS Business School in Central London on the 27th September 2010.  .

The course will be taught by Dr Alfonso Miranda from the Institute of Education.  The course is open to all who would like to learn how to start writing programs to take full advantage of Stata's programming language.  The Practical sessions will use Stata 11.

The Sessions will cover the following topics.

When is it advantageous to use
Mata for programming
Writing loops
Local & global variables in Mata
Saving compiled Mata code and creating function libraries
Matrix definition, expressions and operators
A-to-Z example: simple program to estimate an OLS regression
Declarations, functions, subscripts and ranges

The full agenda is on this link http://www.timberlake.co.uk/training/public/Introtomata.html

Registration is available is online or by contacting Ashley Dyer at [email protected].

Special discounts are available for academics and students and a 20% early bird discount also applies.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Ashley Dyer
Timberlake Consultants Ltd
Broomsliegh Business Park
Worsley Bridge Rd
London SE26 5BN.

Tel 020 8697 3377.

All price quotations and information given is subject to our Terms and Conditions of Business, available on request or detailed on our website.
Registered Office: Unit B3, Broomsleigh Business Park, Worsley Bridge Road, London SE26 5BN,UK
Registration No.: 3225632
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8697 3377 Fax: +44 (0) 20 8697 3388

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. This mail and any attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving our network. We will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being passed on.