st: using bootstrap for sample splitting and out-of-sample prediction

From   "Lin, Bill" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: using bootstrap for sample splitting and out-of-sample prediction
Date   Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:53:32 -0400

Hello All,

I am trying to split my sample into two halves, use one half for
estimation and another half for out-of sample prediction, and then
calculate the average difference between fitted values and the
observed values. I want to do it repeatedly, say 1000 times, using
bootstrap. My problem is that I don't know how to store the average
difference calculated each time in a matrice as in Matlab. Can any one
give some suggestions? thanks,

Bill Lin