st: RE: postfile, using variable name not value or label

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: postfile, using variable name not value or label
Date   Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:47:49 +0200

<>

Why not -update- to 10.1, btw? Still:

*******

sysuse auto, clear

tempname hdle
postfile `hdle' str15 var mean using info.dta, replace

  qui foreach var of varlist rep78 length weight{
  		su `var', mean
 		 post `hdle' ("`var'") (r(mean))
   }

  postclose `hdle'