Re: st: test for trend of an ordinal predictor

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: test for trend of an ordinal predictor
Date   Mon, 26 Apr 2010 09:07:50 -0400

first, please respond via statalist (see the faq)

second, -cascade- is designed to set up "special" dummy variables for
ordinal variables; these can then be used in models including regression

I am still not sure exactly what you mean by "trend" so suggest you
either (1) review the stb article or (2) specify, possibly with an
example using, e.g., the auto data, more clearly exactly what your null
hypothesis is

Rich