st: about multi-stage stratified sampling designing

From   李昭琴 <>
Subject   st: about multi-stage stratified sampling designing
Date   Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:51:25 +0800

Hi! Dear statalisters:

Because of research, I am working a database which is multi-stage
stratified systematic sampling designing. Specially, it adopted three
kinds of multi-stage stratified sampling designing that I couldn’t use
the normal STATA command- svyset. And how can I do it?

By the way, The database managers suggested that users handle the
weight by SUDAAN(statistical software) and they released the examples
of result. There was a post-stratification weight so that I tried to
use the STATA command-poststrata. Unfortunately the results differed
from using SUDAAN. SUDAAN declared the sampling designing(strata, psu)
and post-weight and the way of STATA used the post-stratification and
post-weight.  Could you tell me what the different between them?
Thanks~ ^^