st: McNemar's test with clustering

From   Laura Gibbons <>
Subject   st: McNemar's test with clustering
Date   Sun, 25 Apr 2010 18:39:12 -0700 (PDT)

I'd like to do something like McNemar's test, -mcc-, where I'm comparing presence of two dichotomous traits in each person. [In this case, is a finding more common on the left side of the spine, compared to the right.]

The problem is that the subjects are twins, in this analysis a nuisance parameter, but svyset or cluster(pair) are not options for mcc.

For continuous outcomes I can get the equivalent of a paired t-test by computing the difference and then getting the p-values from the intercept in

reg difference, cluster(pair)

but I've not come up with anything along these lines either.

Any guidance would be appreciated, thanks!

Laura E. Gibbons, PhD
General Internal Medicine, University of Washington
Box 359780, Harborview Medical Center, 325 Ninth Ave, Seattle, WA 98104
phone: 206-744-1842, fax: 206-744-9917, Office address: 401 Broadway, Suite 5122