Re: st: random-slope model xtnbreg or other in stata

From   Scott Baldwin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: random-slope model xtnbreg or other in stata
Date   Sat, 24 Apr 2010 17:51:16 -0600

I know that Mplus can fit a multilevel negative binomial model (I
think you need Mplus 5 for this). PROC GLIMMIX in SAS (included in
9.2) also can fit it. In Stata, I've followed the recommendation
provided on Statalist to add another level to the model consisting of
the observations themselves (see:
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2009-07/msg00142.html). This
can be a bit slow.

Best,