st: RE: not finding a temporary file, error 601

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: not finding a temporary file, error 601
Date   Sat, 24 Apr 2010 19:14:02 +0200

<>

There have been issues with -tempfile-s in the past, as in
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2007-08/msg01124.html, but they were,
sort of, the reverse of your troubles, since they concerned the question
whether there were two temps with the same name whereas you have zero...
What happens if you -set trace on-? At which point does Stata stop? Show the
lines in the immediate vicinity to the list.

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Eduardo Esteve
Sent: Samstag, 24. April 2010 17:12
To: stata
Subject: st: not finding a temporary file, error 601

Dear statalisters:

Thank you for your advice Martin Weiss, sorry for the incorrect format, I?m
new in the statalist. After reading the FAQ I hope that this information
will be more useful.

I?m doing research in the monetary transmission channel, I tried to estimate
the following VAR, with Cholesky descomposition

matrix B = (.,0,0,0,0\0,.,0,0,0\0,0,.,0,0\0,0,0,.,0\0,0,0,0,.)

matrix A = (1,0,0,0,0\.,1,0,0,0\.,.,1,.,0\0,0,.,1,.\.,.,.,.,1)

svar  lnIP lnIPC lnm1  r lnTCE , aeq(A) beq(B) lag(2) technique(bfgs)
nrtolerance(1e-2) difficult ex(lncom reeuu)

If I use few variables there isn?t any problem, but with this model or with
a model with more variables, when I try to estimate the impulse response
functions through the following command:

irf create cholirf4, step(40) set(chol_est) bsp reps(50)

I get the following error:

file C:\DOCUME~1\Usuario\CONFIG~1\Temp\ST_0j000004.tmp not found
r(601);

Many thanks in advance,

Best regards

Eduardo Esteve.
¿Buscas trabajo? Publica tu oferta de empleo y comienza a recibir
solicitudes hoy mismo.
http://msn.careerbuilder.es/ES/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobResults.aspx?siteID=int_esm
sn_HPLink