RE: st: Interesting Stata Information

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Interesting Stata Information
Date   Fri, 23 Apr 2010 19:45:37 +0100

Without questioning Sergiy's wishes, what force does a prohibition like this have?

For example, if I were say "people are prohibited from putting up my .ado files at any site I didn't post them to" what sanctions do I have against people who disobey?

(The example is hypothetical. I don't actually object to anyone _copying_ my stuff.)

Sergiy Radyakin

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 3:55 AM, Michael Norman Mitchell
<> wrote:
> Greetings
>  I discovered that the website
>  has a number of useful documents related to learning and using Stata. If
> you search for "Stata" in the search window, it brings up a variety of
> documents about Stata. I hope that this is a useful resource.

Yes Michael, in fact this website has lots of interesting information
about everything.
However, the way it acquires this information is questionable at the very least.
Have a look at this copy of my presentation that ended-up on this site:
(scroll to the last page #20).