st: RE: RE: Re: match values of several variables

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Re: match values of several variables
Date   Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:18:52 +0100

Also, -egen-'s -rowsd()- function calculates the row SD.

Nick Cox

Note that this can be trimmed to

list if (max(<whatever) - min(<whatever>)) > 0

although the <whatever> inevitably lengthen the command.

Irene Moral

perhaps you can try to compute

var1=max( birthyear_98, birthyear_99.......)

var2=min( birthyear_98, birthyear_99......)

and var3=var1-var2

and then recode var3 if var3=0, they match, if var3<0|var3>0 they don't

is this useful for your purpouse?

From: "Cris Dogaru (Oregon State University)" <>