RE: st: How to get the full matrix from "duncan"?

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   stata list <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: How to get the full matrix from "duncan"?
Date   Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:48:11 +0000 (GMT)

--- Guilherme Kenji Chihaya wrote
> I am using duncan to calculate the index of dissimilarity and need to
> use the resulting matrix in another program. However, I need the full
> matrix and the output from Stata shows only the lower half.

-duncan- is a user written program. The Statalist FAQ askes you to
report where you got it from. This is important, as there are often
multiple versions of user written programs floating around in
cyber space, and we must make sure we are talking about the same
program, otherwise any advise we give you might well be a waste
of your and our time. I am assuming you are talking about the
-duncan- program written by Ben Jann, which is available from SSC.

This program does return the full matrix in r(D). You won't see it
as Stata by default suppresses the display of the upper half of a
symetric matrix, but that upper half is present in the matrix r(D).

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie