st: RE: tostring command

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: tostring command
Date   Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:53:12 +0100

Read the help to learn about the -format()- option. You need to override
the default format.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Rajaram Subramanian Potty

When I am using the command "tostring" to convert numerical variable
to string variable I am getting an error.

The error is "indid cannot be converted reversibly; no generate".

 This error comes only if the numerical varibale has 11 or more
digits. Because of this not able to convert numerical variables with
11 or more digits to string variable. Can any one know the solution to
convert the numerical variable to string variable even if the variable
has 11 or more digits.