Re: st: restricting Stata to behave as Small Stata

From   Richard Williams <Williams.NDA@comcast.net>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: restricting Stata to behave as Small Stata
Date   Thu, 22 Apr 2010 23:02:26 -0500

At 09:46 PM 4/22/2010, Airey, David C wrote:
.

How can I hobble Stata 11 to behave as Small Stata? I wanted to know if Small Stata will run all exercises for a class.

Here are the limits for small Stata:

"Small Stata is limited to analyzing datasets with a maximum of 99 variables and 1,200 observations. Small Stata can have at most 99 right-hand-side variables in a model."

Also, if you type -help limits- in Stata you will see what the other limits are. My guess is that most of these won't affect you unless you are doing something weird like giving them programs with super-long macros.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam