Re: st: how to deal with missing values while running an ordinal logistic regression

From   Michael Norman Mitchell <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: how to deal with missing values while running an ordinal logistic regression
Date   Thu, 22 Apr 2010 19:21:07 -0700

Greetings

By default, Stata will handle the missing values using "listwise deletion", meaning that it will remove any observation which is missing on the outcome variable or on any of the predictor variables. You do not need to do anything for Stata to do this, it does this automatically.

One alternative is Multiple Imputation (see -help mi-), but this is not just a simple mechanical undertaking. The manual has very good information for learning this, and I would also suggest the seminars on Multiple Imputation in Stata from UCLA, see

http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/seminars/missing_data/mi_in_stata_pt1.htm
and
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/seminars/missing_data/mi_in_stata_pt2.htm

A google search for "multiple imputation" stata will reveal more useful resources.

I hope this helps,

Michael N. Mitchell
See the Stata tidbit of the week at...
http://www.MichaelNormanMitchell.com