st: RE: AW: return a global vriable in rclass‏

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: AW: return a global vriable in rclass‏
Date   Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:20:06 +0100

Like Martin, I don't find the question very clear, but

1. If something is a global, you don't need to return it at all, as it is visible outside any program in any case.

2. Nothing stops you going (e.g.)

return scalar foo = $foo

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Martin Weiss

I am afraid you have to provide more details on your simulation. The
solution could be as easy as

****
qui count
ret sca simsize=r(N)
****

but everything depends on what you really want to achieve.

BTW, how does -run- return "r(mean)"? Did you mean -sum-?

sun samn

I am trying to record the sample size in simulation; however, I define
it as a global variable in my rclass program. Does someone know how to
record it in the way like return it in rclass, like after 'run', we do
'return scalar smean=r(mean)' ?