RE: st: cox model with shared frailty

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   RE: st: cox model with shared frailty
Date   Thu, 22 Apr 2010 04:48:45 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Thu, 22/4/10, Tracy Clegg wrote:
> If I run the model on a small sample and say end up with
> a model that includes just 2 significant predictors out
> of a possible 5, would I just check the final model with
> the 2 predictors on the full dataset or do I need to go
> through the model building process again?

I just wouldn't drop variables from the model. If I thought
it was a good idea to include in my initial model, then it
is also a good idea to show that that variable happened to
be non-significant and you can't do that if you leave it

The reason why I want to run my model on a sample of the
data is to look if I made some errors.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie