st: cox model with shared frailty

From   Tracy Clegg <tracy.clegg@ucd.ie>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: cox model with shared frailty
Date   Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:37:44 +0100

Hi, I am having a few problems with running a cox propotional hazard model with a shared frailty.  My problem is that it is taking around 12 hours to run a model with just one predictor, does anyone know how I can speed up the model?  I am using STATA/SE version 11.

In my data I have over 10,000 animals which are clustered into 1,662 herds with between 6 and 12 animals in each herd.  To add a further complication I have 2 predictors which are time varying.  Any help or pointers in the right direction would be most appreciated!