st: AW: Several quantile plots in one diagram

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Several quantile plots in one diagram
Date   Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:29:10 +0200

My Stata 10.1 does not shut down when I run this:

sysuse auto, clear
quantil2 mpg
graph save mygraph

Still, the official -quantile- command is an obvious way out for you...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Widerstedt
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. April 2010 11:20
Betreff: st: Several quantile plots in one diagram

I have a panel dataset with 6 years, and I would like to plot the
distribution of a variable in a quantile plot for each year in this
panel. I have installed quantil2, which causes Stata to shut down when I
try to save the graph. There seems to be upgrades (quantil2 is pretty
old), but because of firewall restrictions on the remote workstation
where Stata resides, I can't search or install from STATA. I can't find
the update qplot or other updrage mentioned in e.g. Stata Journal
2006(4) on SSC. Where can I find this functionality?  (I use Stata 10)
Please help!