RE: st: -return list- with -ineqdeco-

From   "Stephen P. Jenkins" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: -return list- with -ineqdeco-
Date   Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:00:29 +0100

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 19:01:42 +0000 (GMT)
From: Lola Jackson <>
Subject: st: -return list- with -ineqdeco-

I am trying to retrieve saved results after using -ineqdeco- or
-ineqdeco0-. Immediately after successfully running -ineqdeco-
(the full results are visible in the results window), I type
-return list-. But instead of getting all the saved results, I
only get the following:

r(N) = 25874

What do I need to do to get all the saved results? I have read
the help files of both ineqdeco and -return-, but haven't been
able to figure out the problem.

Thank you in advance for assistance.

There are returned values provided, as others have already

Please ensure that you have the latest version of this program
and its siblings, all available on SSC.
Use -adoupdate- or -ssc install- to get them.
The programs include

	-ineqdeco- and -ineqdec0- for inequality indices, with
optional decomposition by population subgroup
	-povdeco- for poverty indices, with optional
decomposition by population subgroup
	-ineqfac- for decomposition by factor source
	-ineqrbd- for regression-based decomposition

	[See also -inequal7- by P. Van Kerm, on SSC]

If you want estimates + standard errors (via linearization
methods), see
	-svylorenz- for the Gini coefficient and generalised
Lorenz and Lorenz ordinates
	-svygei_svyatk- for generalised entropy and Atkinson
inequality indices
If you want to also draw Lorenz or concentration curves and
similar constructs, see -glcurve-. (See also -sumdist-)

For worked examples using the above, see

See also the "DAD" set of program modules written by Jean-Yves
Duclos and colleagues at U of Laval. Google to find it.

Professor Stephen P. Jenkins <>
Institute for Social and Economic Research (ISER)
University of Essex, Colchester CO4 3SQ, UK
Tel: +44(0)1206 873374. Fax: +44(0)1206 873151
Survival Analysis using Stata:
Downloadable papers and software: