st: Another problem with op system refuses to provide memory

From   Prashant <presearchwork@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Another problem with op system refuses to provide memory
Date   Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:53:22 +0800

Dear Statalisters,

I am running into the problem of "op system refuses to provide memory". I
can't understand why.

I am using Stata 11 SE on a new 64-bit workstation (Windows 7) with 8 GB of
memory and have nothing concurrently running.

My settings are maxvar 5000, matsize 5000, and memory 1200 MB (Stata won't
allow me to allocate more than 1200MB either).

I run into the problem mostly while using svy commands on a large dataset (2
million+ observations) but also when conducting merges and more
time-consuming commands, etc.

Any help would be most appreciated!

best wishes,
Prashant