Re: st: eventus and stata merge on date

Subject   Re: st: eventus and stata merge on date
Date   Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:34:08 -0400

"The Eventus output files has the date in the format, the # of days
since 1/1/60 (for example 8614)"

This is Stata's format for recording dates  also. Just read in the
EVENTUS dates and create formats for them in Stata.

Steve

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Susan Greenspan Cohen
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i would be very grateful if anyone can help me! I performed an event history study using EVENTUS, and would like to merge (or join) the results back into my stata dataset. I will need to join by Firm and Date.
>
> The Eventus output files has the date in the format, the # of days since 1/1/60 (for example 8614). I have figured out how to make this date look like a caledar date. The date now visually looks the same as my stata date. However, stata fails to match the dates. There must be something going on behind the scenes, but i can't figure out what.
>
> Has anyone had this experience? Do you have a do file that might help me (or a few lines of code?)
>
> Thank you so very much,
> Susan
>

> *
> *   For searches and help try: