RE: Re: st: remaining missings after multiple imputation

Subject   RE: Re: st: remaining missings after multiple imputation
Date   Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:39:59 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Tue, 20/4/10, Ploutz-Snyder, Robert wrote:
> I'm getting similar results with some imputations that I'm
> working on, but I'm using ice instead of mi.  Strictly
> speaking, I'm working with uvis prior to ice to fine-tune my
> modeling of the missing values, and  I get missing
> imputations sometimes that I cannot explain.

This is also hard to diagnose, and you can't contact Stata's
tech support for this, as -ice- is a user written program.
So, you need to look for some pattern in your data that
makes the model unidentified for particular observations.
However, before you do that, did you check that you only
looked at the observations where _mj > 0 (as -ice- leaves
a copy of the original data, with missing values, behind
as _mj==0)?

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis