st: RE: State Space Model

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: State Space Model
Date   Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:30:25 +0100

. search state space

Keyword search

          Search:  (1) Official help files, FAQs, Examples, SJs, and STBs

Search of official help files, FAQs, Examples, SJs, and STBs

[TS]    time series . . . . . . . . . . . Introduction to time-series commands
        (help time)

[TS]    arima . . . . . . .  ARIMA, ARMAX, and other dynamic regression models
        (help arima)

[TS]    sspace  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . State-space models
        (help sspace)

If one of these is not the answer, you might need to spell out why.

Joshua Shindell

I am looking to estimate a state space model of the following form:

Y(t)  = X(t)B(t) + e(t)    -  Observation Equation

B(t) = Z*B(t-1) + u(t)    -  State Equation

I am unable to specify the state equation as a function of the previous periods.

To understand the context of what I am trying to do, I am trying to
estimate stock Beta coeffiecients with a stochastic parameter
regression model using a Kalman filter, as outlined in Applied
Quantitative Methods for Trading and Investment, by Christian L.
Dunis, Jason Laws, Patrick Naïm, 2005; Chapter 7, pp 223-237.