Re: AW: Re: st: remaining missings after multiple imputation

Subject   Re: AW: Re: st: remaining missings after multiple imputation
Date   Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:53:59 +0000 (GMT)

--------------------------
Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen
Wilhelmstrasse 36
72074 Tuebingen
Germany

http://www.maartenbuis.nl
--------------------------

--- On Tue, 20/4/10, Anne Jurczok wrote:
> ...I looked at my variables which have missings despite the
> imputation and found no coherent pattern. Do you have any
> idea?

I would look for some reason why there just isn't enough
information on these observations to estimate the necesary
models. Having no observed values is an obvious candidate
but other patterns might also do the trick. However, it is
very hard for us to diagnose the problem given the
information you can give us via this list. This is almost
certainly a case where you'll just need to share the data
with someone who knows these techniques, so they can take
a look at your specific case. The obvious candidate is
Stata's tech support:
<http://www.stata.com/support/tech-support/tech2.html>

Hope this helps,
Maarten