Re: st: Adjusted Prevalence

Subject   Re: st: Adjusted Prevalence
Date   Mon, 19 Apr 2010 17:34:58 -0400

I don't understand what you want to do, because your word "adjusted"
is ambiguous. Do you want to estimate prevalence rates in 15
age-ethnic categories,  adjusted for the sampling design, or something
else? Give an example of what  Stata commands you would use if you
didn't have survey data. Most of them will have "survey" versions,
prefaced by -svy:-.You will have to -svyset- the data first.

And for the future:
1. Please don't omit crucial information in your queries.
2. The name of the program we all use is "Stata", not "STATA".

Steve

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Wassim Tarraf <tarrafwassim@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Steve. But I was looking for something that could be used with survey
> data. Any suggestions?
>
> Steve Samuels wrote:
>>
>> Try -dstdize- (and -istdize-)
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Wassim Tarraf <tarrafwassim@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Dear list members- I am interested in generating ethnicity(5 categories)
>>> and
>>> age(3categories) adjusted prevalence rates for a dichotomous outcome X.

--
Steven Samuels
sjsamuels@gmail.com