Re: st: remaining missings after multiple imputation

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: remaining missings after multiple imputation
Date   Mon, 19 Apr 2010 13:04:44 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 19/4/10, Anne Jurczok wrote:
> I decided against using ice, since I have different types
> of missings in my dataset (hard and soft missings) and I
> couldn't find any literature about different types of
> missings handled by ice.

It is implicit in the sense that -ice- allows you to specify
an -if- statement. So, you could type something like:

gen byte soft = lnvermgen < .a
ice <varlist> if soft, <other options>

> Not all cases of my dataset are considered for the
> imputation.

Do these observations contain only missing values on
the variables you use for the imputation?

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen