AW: st: AW: Date conversion in batch

Subject   AW: st: AW: Date conversion in batch
Date   Mon, 19 Apr 2010 13:25:00 +0200

<>

I could see you peeling this thing off one by one, as in:

*************
clear*

inp byte id str8 date
1	"9010"
1	"9784"
2	"17532"
2	"17533"
3	"20080214"
3	"20080217"
4	"17534"
4	"17536"
5	"39796"
5	"39774"
end

gen int newdate=date(date, "YMD") if length(date)>=8
format newdate %tdDD/NN/CCYY

replace newdate=real(date) if substr(date, 1, 2)=="17"

replace newdate=real(date)-21916 if substr(date, 1, 2)=="39"

list, noo

You want to be very sure you set those -if- qualifiers right, though. Any
mistake here could spoil your fun big time somewhere down the line.

BTW, what do "9010" and "9784" stand for?

HTH
Martin