st: AW: Heteroskedasticity in Probit Model

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Heteroskedasticity in Probit Model
Date   Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:21:00 +0200

The test tests the null of homoscedasticity, and your results conclusively
rejects the null.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Mustafa Brahim
Gesendet: Montag, 19. April 2010 08:40
Betreff: st: Heteroskedasticity in Probit Model

Dear Stata users,

I want to check for heteroskedasticity in a Probit model. I used
hetprob command which gives me the likelihood ratio test as follows:

likelihood ratio test of lnsigma2=0: chi2(10)=40.65 Prob > chi2 = 0.0000.

I am not sure how to interpret this? is the significant chi2 a sign of
heteroskedasticity or the opposit?

I really appreciate your help.