RE: st: AW: RE: Stop looping when reaching a certain observation

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: AW: RE: Stop looping when reaching a certain observation
Date   Sun, 18 Apr 2010 23:21:22 +0200

<>

Remember you can condition on the event "kv=="V"" via

*******
gen byte num=sum(kv=="V")
*******

which creates an indicator variable for the number of times you have
witnessed the event.

What is the relevance of "ss", given that you are watching out for changes
in "kv"?

HTH
Martin