st: AW: Stop looping when reaching a certain observation

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: AW: Stop looping when reaching a certain observation
Date   Sun, 18 Apr 2010 18:20:31 +0200

<>

What is it that makes you want to go through all these loops?

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] Im Auftrag von George Chioran
Gesendet: Sonntag, 18. April 2010 18:14
An: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Betreff: st: Stop looping when reaching a certain observation

Dear Statalisters,

I am trying to figure out how to stop at certain observations while looping
through a variable. Currently I am looping through the price variable, and
making the average price sorted by company. I would like my program to stop
doing the loop when variable kv is equal to V
However, I cannot manage to stop the loop when variable kv is equal to V (at
the price of 51.92 in the first instance)
as in a sample of my database attached below.

My program looks like this:

local j = 1
while `j' <= 10 {
               preserve