st: poisson regress probabilities

From   Wolney Conde <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: poisson regress probabilities
Date   Fri, 16 Apr 2010 15:31:58 -0300

Dear listers,
I'd like to express my output Poisson regression as probabilities.
Stata doesn't allow to this using <predict> command instead of after
<logit> command for example. After logit regression I can get
probabilities directly using <p> option in <predict> command or
calculating by exp(xb)/(1+exp(xb)). Can I do the same to Poisson
I'm afraid it's a silly question once probability distribution
estimation is different for Poisson and binomial distribution but I'd
like to some advice.
thanks in advanced,

Wolney Conde
Department of Nutrition