st: Multilevel modelling Stata tutorials

From   Hilary Browne <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Multilevel modelling Stata tutorials
Date   Fri, 16 Apr 2010 14:46:01 +0100

The Centre for Multilevel Modelling is very pleased to announce the addition of Stata practicals to our free on-line multilevel modelling course. These give detailed instructions of how to carry out a range of analyses in Stata, starting from multiple regression and progressing through to multilevel modelling of continuous and binary data.

Topics covered:
http://www.cmm.bristol.ac.uk/learning-training/course-topics.shtml

Read more (and view samples of the materials):
http://www.cmm.bris.ac.uk/learning-training/course.shtml

Sample PDF documents which can be viewed without the need to log in:
<http://www.cmm.bris.ac.uk/learning-training/module-samples/3-Practicals-St
ata-sample.pdf>
<http://www.cmm.bris.ac.uk/learning-training/module-samples/5-Practicals-St
ata-sample.pdf>
<http://www.cmm.bris.ac.uk/learning-training/module-samples/6-Practicals-St
ata-sample.pdf>
<http://www.cmm.bris.ac.uk/learning-training/module-samples/7-Practicals-St
ata-sample.pdf>

The Stata practicals are complete and ready to view, though some of the quizzes refer only to MLwiN. We are currently working on revised versions of the quiz questions to make them more relevant to Stata users. We will let you know when we have completed these.

Example of a Stata tutorial (you will need to register/log in):
'Stata P 3.1: Regression with a Single Continuous Explanatory Variable'
<http://www.cmm.bris.ac.uk/lemma/mod/lesson/view.php?id=234&pageid=866>

This course is free. We ask only that you complete a registration form if you have not done so already, as fully as possible, to help us to conduct research into learning multilevel modelling and to improve our materials. We hope that this is a valuable resource for anyone who would like to learn more about multilevel modelling and how to apply these methods using Stata.

Good luck and do let us know if you have any problems registering, logging on or with any aspect of the learning materials.

With best regards

Hilary