st: Line plot for subjects in follow-up study

From   Hugh Robinson <hugh.robinson@cfc.umt.edu>
Subject   st: Line plot for subjects in follow-up study
Date   Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:20:41 -0600

I would like to show the staggered entry of my study subjects (on the y-axis) against date (on the x-axis).  The y-axis would be each individual subject with a horizontal line representing their follow-up period.

Essentially I'm trying to recreate a line plot similar to Fig 1.1 of Hosmer, Lemeshow, and May (2008) Applied Survival Analysis.
The same graph is presented on the UCLA stata website using the command hilite however the code from UCLA doesn't seem to work in stata 11.
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/seminars/stata_survival/default.htm

Any idea?

Hugh S Robinson Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Researcher