Re: st: AW: Reorganization of pael data

From   mareikehahr@aol.com
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: AW: Reorganization of pael data
Date   Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:29:52 -0400

I'm sorry; I didn't know that. I just started to work with data.
I tried it with max this time, it worked out. So thanks a lot!!

Mareike

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Sent: Wed, Apr 14, 2010 7:21 pm
Subject: RE: st: AW: Reorganization of pael data

Here it comes:

"The current version of Stata is 11. Please specify if you are using an earlier version; otherwise, the answer to your question is likely to refer to commands
or features unavailable to you."

(http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html#stata)

-- and, it might well be added, lead to wasting your time and that of others.

(max) rather than (firstnm) will probably serve in your case.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

mareikehahr@aol.com

No, double checked the spelling.  Maybe the reason is that I'm working
wih an older version of Stata (version 9.2) which doesn't know "firstnm"