RE: st: AW: Reorganization of pael data

From   "Abhimanyu Arora" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: AW: Reorganization of pael data
Date   Wed, 14 Apr 2010 18:26:32 +0200

Maybe you could you collapse with if and by?
Abhimanyu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of [email protected]
Sent: woensdag 14 april 2010 18:06
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: AW: Reorganization of pael data

Thanks to your help, Martin, I got rid of my initial probelm, but
unfortunately I'm still not totally happy with the result.
Now my dataset looks like follows:

country     year       var1       var2    var3
A                  x            1             .           .
A                  y            2             .           .
A                  x             .             3          .
A                  y             .             4          .
A                  x             .              .          5
A                  y             .              .          6

But I would like to have all the observations for the different
variables of the same country and year to appear in the same row, like

A                 x             1            3           5
A                 y             2            4           6

Thanks in advance

Mareike