st: interpretation of exponentiated standardized coefficients in OLS

From   Sergi VIDAL TORRE <sergi.vidal@upf.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: interpretation of exponentiated standardized coefficients in OLS
Date   Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:08:45 +0200 (CEST)

Dear statalisters,

I have a question that is not related to STATA commands but related to statistical intepretation.

Suppose I have a standardized coefficient in an OLS regression. I now (for some obscure reason) wouldlike to eponentiate it in order to interpret the value as a percentual change in the dependent variable (as an odds-ratio in logisitc regression). Is is possible to interpret the values aresulting from such a transformation as an analogous change in percentages?

Thank you very much for your support in advance