st: graphing question - how to smooth lines connecting observations

From   Zamira S <>
To   <>
Subject   st: graphing question - how to smooth lines connecting observations
Date   Tue, 13 Apr 2010 17:10:53 -0400

I am trying to generate a graph with smooth-looking lines connecting the observations. In excell it is an option but I am trying to avoid going back and force between excell and stata. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here is what I have:
twoway (connected growth timeline, lcolor(black) lpattern(solid) lwidth(medthin) msymbol(circle) mcolor(black)), ytitle(GDP per capita growth) yline(0 2, lwidth(vvvthin) lcolor("192 192 192")) xtitle(Time) xlabel(-3(1)9) xline(-0.1 1.1 5.1, lcolor("87 87 87") lpattern(dash)) title(GDP Per Capita Growth (%)) subtitle(Constant US$) saving(growth, replace)
Thank you