st: can't get rid of outer region margin in graph

From   kokootchke <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: can't get rid of outer region margin in graph
Date   Sat, 10 Apr 2010 01:34:11 -0400

Dear all,

I am trying to run the following command to make this graph, which looks beautiful in the Stata window... but then I print it as a PDF file and it puts a box all around the graph that I don't want. I have played around with many different of the outer region options from my do file and in the Stata graph editor and I can't get rid of that damn box! Any suggestions?

This is the command I'm running.

twoway scatter fe year,  graphregion(style(none) color(gs16))

If I don't put that color(gs16), I see some light blue outside the graph, where my axes titles are... and I don't want anything but the graph on a white background.

I am using Stata 10.

Thank you very much.