AW: st: AW: generate lognormal RV less than 20000 observations.

Subject   AW: st: AW: generate lognormal RV less than 20000 observations.
Date   Fri, 9 Apr 2010 10:20:08 +0200

<>

BTW, you should take a look at the example at the bottom of -help simulate-
which will do what you want in a less "opaque" fashion. The command you are
currently using seems a bit outdated...

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von sun samn
Gesendet: Freitag, 9. April 2010 10:09
An: [email protected]
Betreff: RE: st: AW: generate lognormal RV less than 20000 observations.

Hi, Martin,
   Thanks for your help! could you tell me how return that 500 observations
to a variable like we do for normal distribution:
set obs 500
gen x1=rnormal()

Thanks a gain!
samn

> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: st: AW: generate lognormal RV less than 20000 observations.
> Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 09:50:36 +0200
>

> <>
>
> So this function is part of a series of random number generators published
> by J. Hilbe and W. Linde-Zwirble, and accessible via -findit rndlgn-. What
> makes you think you need 20,000 obs? Just say:

> rndlgn 500 0 0.5
>
> Even if it did require 20,000 initially, you could still -keep in
1/500-...

> HTH
> Martin

Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft?s powerful SPAM protection.